Lulu’s Latin Rotisserie and Grill opens tomorrow. We brought you a preview of it a couple of weeks ago. Looks to be a good addition to the Bowman curve area.
Del Frisco’s opened this past Saturday. We offered up a free brunch that morning that around 200 of you took advantage of. The small chain seems like it will settle in well to West Little Rock.
Also open now is Roots Juices in the Heights. Get your first look at the location here.
New Tenant for the Acadia Spot? We are hearing a place called La Terraza Rum and Lounge is taking over the old Acadia spot. No details yet, only an alcohol permit filed, but we will keep an eye on it. I am always up for a good rum bar.
The Fold is open again after renovations. They went a little longer than expected, but business is open again and you can get your taco and margarita fix now.
September 16th Cuisine at Calvary Food Truck Meet – Newish food truck meet that will run every 3rd Wednesday at Calvery Baptist in the Heights. This month featuring live music from Rivercity Overdrive and food from Bash Burger Co., Grills on Wheels, Slader’s Alaskan Dumpling Co., Red River Catering, Hot Rod Wieners, Southern Salt Food Co., BlackHound Bar-B-Q, and The Lemon Cakery. Runs 5 – 8 pm
Sept 19 Arkansas Honey Festival – We are about to hit festival season in full force, but this one came across my desk and sounded like a nice change of pace. Besides, who doesn’t love honey (as long as bees are not involved). The festival promises a honey making & tasting, educational workshops, children’s activities, music, and food (presumably involving honey). This is at 13206 Asher road and runs from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sept 19th Little Rock Bacon Fest – Like Bacon? Like Food Festivals? Meet bacon fest. They will have include a 5K bacon themed run in the morning, live music, professional and amateur bacon themed cooking contests, a bacon eating contest, vendor booths, kids zone and live music.
September 22 Tacos and Taps at Stone’s Throw – The Beast Food Truck & Loblolly Creamery are taking over the taproom to help raise funds for Dunbar Community Garden Project! Tacos & Chocotacos (oh yeah!) with music by Kevin Kerby.
Trio’s is hopping with some great upcoming events. Here are a few of them.
- September 20 Trio’s 29 Forever birthday Party – You only turn 29 first once, of course some people stay that age forever. Celebrate 29 years of Trio’s from 4 o’clock to 7:00 PM. Live music on the patio, appetizers and adult libations! Free event.
- September 23 Trio’s Fall Art Series – This one is in partnership with Stephano’s Gallery. Drop by to see the work of G. Peebles and enjoy appetizers. Free event in Trio’s Pavilion Room.
- September 24 Trio’s and De Nux Distributors Meet the Winemaker – With Patricio Santos of Tercos Winery in Argentina. Malbec and Torrontes will flow along with great appetizers. See www.triosrestaurant.com for more information. Reservations necessary for Tercos event. Tickets are $30.
September 24th Jacksonville Food Truck Meet – Jacksonville
September 25th The Naterators Tots Cooking Contest – Tater tot cooking contest to help fight type 1 diabetes. Enter by this Saturday. $30 to enter the contest (can be individual or team); $5 to attend, eat and/or judge.
September 28th Cache Beer Day Dinner – Cache is hosting a 4-course dinner featuring all Arkansas Beers as part of National Beer Day on September 28th. They will have Diamond Bear, Lost Forty, Stone’s Throw and (possibly) Superior Bathhouse. The dinner will feature items from HAM, Kent Walker and Le Pops as part of the dinner. Full Details here (pdf)
September 29th SO Wine Dinner – SO Restaurant is holding their first wine dinner. This one is a 5 course dinner paired with various Rosé wines. $100 per person, call 501.663.1464 for reservations.
October 10th – This should be the official festival day with all the things going on during this time. Do your Race for the Cure that morning then head out and grab some food. We got three going that we really love:
- Arktoberfest (Arkadelphia) – This will feature tons of craft beer and food. Should be a really great festival for the city. Rock City Eats is hosting an appetizer competition so if you are feeling competitive get out.
- B Street Rib Off (NLR) – Our annual favorite BBQ competition. This one is mostly about the competitors, but there is always food flowing around for those in attendance. If you want to compete in this great rib competition the signup form is here.
- Six Bridges Steak Cookoff (NLR) – Six Bridges will bring many of the country’s top champion steak cooking teams into town. While this is a cooking competition first they do feature a steak dinner where your steak is guaranteed to be cooked by a former world champion. They are also partnering with Chef Shuttle to deliver steaks for those who do not want to venture out. Info is here.
October 11 Cupcakes for Goodness Sake – Local bakeries Blue Cake Company, Cupcakes on Kavanagh, Dempsey Bakery and Sweet Love are joining together in the fight against senior hunger with a unique cupcake face-off. Cupcakes for Goodness Sake, a new event benefiting the CareLink Meals on Wheels program, will challenge local bakeshops to present all-sweet, cupcake versions of Meals on Wheels. Attendees can sample a variety of cupcakes and sweets from all the bakeries involved. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for children ages 4-12
As always, if you have news, events, or specials over the next week let us know.